- Full bypass with fully-balanced hot/cold switching. Fully passive.
- Two Inserts with Flip.
- Backbone signal flows through the connections on the left to the right.
- Insert connections are on a 25 pin D Female in a modified Tascam format.
- AES Tascam-format DB-25 breakout cables from Hosa (AES-803T), Mogami (GOLD AES TD DB25 XLR-03), Planet Waves and others may be used. (To use AES cables with the Insert Switcher the male and female XLR breakout connectors need to be reversed.) Planet Waves uses male-to-male extension cables, an unterminated female D breakout cable, or a terminated D breakout cable. To use only a Planet Waves breakout a DB-25 male-to-male adapter is required.
- Normal signal flow is Left/Right In > Insert 1 > Insert 2 > Left/Right Out.
- Flipped signal flow is Left/Right In > Insert 2 > Insert 1 > Left/Right Out.
- Cascadable using additional boards in series for more backbone inserts.
- Configurable as an three Input Selector using the backbone and return inputs.
- Sealed low signal current relays.
- Socketed relays are user-replaceable.
- No logic required: Uses sustained/latching SPST push button or toggle switches.
- LED outputs. (Current-limited to 10 mA; 24V/2K21Ω.)
- Isolated audio, relay and chassis grounds.
- Series-parallel coil connections reduce power consumption and heat.
- Relay coils are 12V, control supply is 24V.
- Can be powered from low-cost 24V switching supplies.
Mechanical and Power Specifications
- Board Size: 3.8" x 2.75"
- Mounting holes: M3 0.125" diameter on a 3.5" x 2.45" pattern.
- Assembled Board Size: Height: 0.7"; Depth with DB-25 Connector 4.0" overall, 3.8" depth behind panel. With 3/8" spacers and washers installed the vertical center line of the DB-25F connector is 0.75" above the chassis bottom.
- Power Requirements: Coil current using Omron G5V-2-H1-DC12 relays, 14 relays and 3 LEDs on, 120 mA typical 2.82 W. Low sensitivity relays are not recommended as they consume 7.7 W under similar conditions.
- Connectors: Power In/Out (2 pin Phoenix X2); Backbone In (6 pin Phoenix); Backbone Out (6 pin Phoenix); Insert Send/Returns DB-25F; Switch/LED (12 pin Phoenix).
The construction thread for the Insert Switcher including, schematics, bill-of-materials and other information is in the Pro Audio Design Forum.
Mastering Insert Switcher, Two Inserts, With Flip, Assembled and Tested PC Board
- Brand: KA Electronics/Rockmore-Labs
- Product Code: MTC-INSW-PCB-AT
- Availability: In Stock