The Stereo Width Controller has the following features:
- THAT1246 balanced inputs.
- THAT1646 balanced outputs.
- Width Control for external 2KΩ-10KΩ linear taper stepped switch or potentiometer.
- On-board relay bypass with current-limited LED output.
- No external relay supply required. On-board rail-powered 78L24 regulator.
Mechanical and Power Specifications
- Board Size: 4" x 2" Mounting holes: M3 on a 3.7" x 1.7" pattern. Assembled height: Approximately 0.6" not including stand-offs.
- Power Requirements: ±15 to ±18V (max) approximately 50 mA including relay and LED. (Not including signal current). Relay common is isolated from audio signal ground.
- Inputs: THAT1246. Input Impedance 24KΩ differential, 18KΩ common mode. Maximum input level +27 dBu.
- Outputs: THAT1646. Output impedance 50Ω nominal. Maximum output level +27 dBu.
- Width Level: 0-200%. (Side Gain -∞ to +6 dB.)
- Width Level Control: Input Impedance at the Wiper Connection: 50KΩ. Recommended control value is 2KΩ to 10KΩ linear taper. For stepped switches make-before-break required. (MBB is standard for Elma 15° 24 position switches.)
- Distortion: Output level +20 dBu into 10KΩ load: 1 kHz THD 0.00012%, primarily HD3.
- Noise: -97 dBu soft-bypassed, -95 dBu process in side gain 0 dB. -99 dBu A-weighted bypassed, -97 dBu A-weighted with process in. Dynamic range 122 dB.
Note: Noise measurements are for a 20-20 kHz bandwidth and are unweighted unless specified. Maximum level specifications are for ±15V supplies.
The construction and document thread for the Stereo Width Controller is featured in the Pro Audio Design Forum.
Stereo Width Controller for Mastering and Transfer, Assembled and Tested PC Board
- Brand: KA Electronics/Rockmore-Labs
- Product Code: SWC-PCB-AT
- Availability: In Stock